Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another proceedings/journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in both a PDF version in High Quality Print and as a Word (2003 or later versions) file format.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal, and to requirements outlined in the template of ASFE conference proceedings.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
Authors are obliged to include DOI identifier with cited references where available. DOIs can be found with the article full text, content, or article information at the publication or publisher website, or in the publisher on-line database.
If DOI is not available with the full text or at any other location, please, check its availability at the DOI lookup service: http://search.crossref.org . Search on-by-one by the full title and /or any other available information (author names, journal title, etc...).
You can also retrieve DOIs for all your references together at http://www.crossref.org/SimpleTextQuery/ (free registration required). Simply cut and paste your reference list (in any reference style) into the box, click “Submit”, and DOIs will appear at each reference (where available). You can then simply copy and paste the references incl. DOIs into your submission.
If you have problems retrieving DOIs for your reference list, please, contact the CTU Central Library for help at: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Authors are also obliged to use their article’s DOI when referring to it in any further publication.
Authors who publish with ASFE agree to the following terms:
1. Authors retain copyright and grant the ASFE right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
3. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).