Open Access Policy
Acta Polytechnica is an Open Access journal which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles in this journal without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.
Article submission charge or Article processing charge (APC, publication fee) is not required from authors - publishing in Acta Polytechnica is free of charge.
Publication Ethics Principles
- Follows the Author Guidelines for submission requirements.
- Is fully responsible for the quality, originality, and completeness of the published data, which make it possible to repeat the experiment.
- Is responsible to correctly cite and state the primary sources of cited information and data.
- Is responsible for ensuring that all who have contributed to the work as co-authors are stated, and no one who has not contributed is stated.
- Corresponding author is responsible for communication with all co-authors and their awareness of the contribution status.
- The authors warrant that the work is original and that it contains no content that is illegal or offends any proprietary rights or any copyrights.
- All authors confirm that this work has not currently been sent for publication elsewhere and they agree that if it is accepted in Acta Polytechnica, it will not be submitted elsewhere.
- All authors confirm that all commercial interests, patent-licensing etc. that could be a subject of financial conflict related to the submitted article have been disclosed.
- The authors have the non-exclusive right to do anything with their work but they are obliged to cite the original publication.
- By submitting their manuscripts authors agree that articles are published under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International licence (CC BY) licence.
- All authors confirm that DOI has been included to all cited references wherever available.
The authors shall follow the international standards stated in the COPE document: Responsible research publication: international standards for authors.
- By accepting the review, the reviewer confirms to be an independent expert and to meet the fixed deadlines.
- Handles information included in submitted yet-unpublished contribution as confidential content and guarantees that s/he will not hand it over to any third party or use it to his/her personal benefit.
- Writes a review to help the author to improve the quality of their work.
- If s/he founds out a possible conflict of interests or has a reasonable suspicion of plagiarism regarding the contribution, reports this fact to the editors.
The reviewers shall follow the COPE Ethical Guidelines for Peer Reviewers.
- Handles all information, manuscripts and reviews as confidential materials and does not disseminate it outside the editorial board.
- Guarantees the anonymity of reviewers (single blind review).
The editors shall follow the COPE Code of Conduct for Journal Editor.