MECHANICAL BEHAVIOR OF HORIZONTAL SWIVEL SYSTEM WITH UHPC SPHERICAL HINGE UNDER SEISMIC ACTION

Authors

  • Jiawei Wang Anhui Polytechnic University
  • Bing Cao
  • Bo Huang
  • Yihan Du

DOI:

https://doi.org/10.14311/CEJ.2021.02.0035

Keywords:

Horizontal rotation, UHPC spherical hinge, Rotating process simulation, Seismic time history analysis, Optimization algorithm

Abstract

In the process of rotation, the total weight of the bridge structure is jointly supported by the spherical hinge and the supporting structure, and its lateral stability is poor. It is easy to lose stability under the action of dynamic loads such as seismic action effect. The present paper takes a 10,000-ton continuous rigid frame swivel bridge as the re-search object, analyzes the dynamic response of the seismic action to the horizontal swivel system, and establishes several structure simulation models. Eighteen seismic waves in three directions that meet the calculation requirements are screened for time history analysis and compared with the response spectrum method. Finally, an optimization algorithm for the seismic response of the bridge under horizontal swivel system is proposed based on the mode superposition method. The UHPC spherical hinge bears all the vertical forces and 20% of the bending moment caused by the seismic action, the support structure bearing the remaining 80% of the bending moment. The optimization algorithm proposed in this paper features high accuracy.

References

Deng Renbin, Tang Weijun. Current situation and development prospect of highway and bridge construction in China [J]. Heilongjiang transportation science and technology, 2017, 40 (07): 139 + 141.

J. Zhang, T. E. El-Diraby, Constructability analysis of the bridge superstructure rotation construction method in China [J]. 132(2006),353-360.

Siwowski, Tomasz, Wysocki, Artur, Horizontal rotation via floatation as an accelerated bridge construction for long-span footbridge erection: Case study[J]. Journal of Bridge Engineering,20(2015),124-126.

Wu Yuyong. Key points of construction technology for transit bridge in bridge engineering [J]. Highway transportation technology (Application Technology Edition), 2019, 15 (08): 105-107.

Liu Haiqi, Overview of main bridge swivel system of dulaying Bridge[J]. Transportation world, 03(2016):80-81.

Wang Shuwang, Design of curved swivel T-shaped rigid frame for Beijing Shanghai Railway[J]. Railway Construction Technology, S2(2010):24-26+52.

Lu Jinhua, Study on construction control and stability of large tonnage continuous rigid frame bridge[D]. Lanzhou Jiaotong University, 2016.

Wei Qing, Research on the construction technology of super wide asymmetric T-frame swivel over Zheng Wan high speed railway[J]. Railway Construction Technology, 04(2020):69-72.

Wang, Jiawei; Sun, Quansheng. Experimental Study on Improving the Compressive Strength of UHPC Turntable. Advances in Materials Science and Engineering [J], Vol.2020, WOS: 000556811300003.

Wang, Jiawei; Sun, Quansheng. Dynamic analysis of swivel construction method under multi-variable coupling effects. International Journal of Structural Integrity[J], 2019, Vol.10, No.4, pp:580-598. Accession number:20192507063782.

Wang, Jiawei; Sun, Quansheng. Experimental research on compressive strength of UHPC spherical hinge. International Journal of Structural Integrity [J], 2019, Vol.10, No.6, pp: 518-537. Accession number: 20194607674167.

Wang, Jiawei; Sun, Quansheng. Parameter sensitivity analysis of stability of T-shaped rigid frame bridge by adopting swivel construction method. Multidiscipline Modeling in Materials and Structures [J], 2020. Accession number: 20201808588847.

Wang Changjie. Integral stress analysis and pier optimization design of T-shaped rigid frame bridge with Swivel Construction[D]. Southwest Jiaotong University, 2017.

Wang Xinmin. Numerical analysis of ANSYS engineering structure[M]. Bei Jing: People's Communications Press, 2020.

National standards of the people Republic of China. Code for seismic design of buildings (GB 50011-2010) [S]. China Construction Industry Press, 2016.

National standards of the people's Republic of China. Detailed rules for earthquake resistance of Highway Bridges (GBT50152-2012) [S]. People's Communications Press, 2012.

Downloads

Published

2021-07-28

How to Cite

Wang, J., Cao, B., Huang, B., & Du, Y. (2021). MECHANICAL BEHAVIOR OF HORIZONTAL SWIVEL SYSTEM WITH UHPC SPHERICAL HINGE UNDER SEISMIC ACTION. Stavební Obzor - Civil Engineering Journal, 30(2). https://doi.org/10.14311/CEJ.2021.02.0035

Issue

Section

Articles